Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Google Drawings

Doodle 4 Google

Every year Google holds a drawing competition for all ages of students. Each year there is a different theme that students must take the Google logo and redesign it around. There are a lot of awesome prizes given out to the winners. Unfortunately I did not find this competition until after the deadline last year. Either way, I thought it was a great idea for a project so I went ahead and came up with my own theme and taught my students some of the basics of graphic design. Trying to sum up graphic design in one lesson was not easy but it turned out to be a fun lesson in which we looked at logos and symbols that we see on a daily basis. The assignment I gave the students was to redesign the Google logo based on the theme of their favorite children's book or novel. I gave them a Google template for the ones who needed it we used colored pencils to do the drawings.

This is a link to the Doodle 4 Google site. http://www.google.com/doodle4google/

Materials:

  • Drawing paper
  • pencils
  • colored pencils
  • Google logo template






No comments:

Post a Comment